Job 9
|
約伯記 9
|
Then Job answered and said, | 約 伯 回 答 說 、 |
Of a truth I know that it is so: But how can man be just with God? | 我 真 知 道 是 這 樣 . 但 人 在 神 面 前 怎 能 成 為 義 呢 。 |
If he be pleased to contend with him, He cannot answer him one of a thousand. | 若 願 意 與 他 爭 辯 、 千 中 之 一 也 不 能 回 答 。 |
[He is] wise in heart, and mighty in strength: Who hath hardened himself against him, and prospered?- | 他 心 裡 有 智 慧 、 且 大 有 能 力 . 誰 向 神 剛 硬 而 得 亨 通 呢 。 |
[Him] that removeth the mountains, and they know it not, When he overturneth them in his anger; | 他 發 怒 、 把 山 翻 倒 挪 移 、 山 並 不 知 覺 . |
That shaketh the earth out of its place, And the pillars thereof tremble; | 他 使 地 震 動 、 離 其 本 位 、 地 的 柱 子 就 搖 撼 。 |
That commandeth the sun, and it riseth not, And sealeth up the stars; | 他 吩 咐 日 頭 不 出 來 、 就 不 出 來 、 又 封 閉 眾 星 。 |
That alone stretcheth out the heavens, And treadeth upon the waves of the sea; | 他 獨 自 鋪 張 蒼 天 、 步 行 在 海 浪 之 上 。 |
That maketh the Bear, Orion, and the Pleiades, And the chambers of the south; | 他 造 北 斗 、 參 星 、 昴 星 、 並 南 方 的 密 宮 。 |
That doeth great things past finding out, Yea, marvellous things without number. | 他 行 大 事 不 可 測 度 、 行 奇 事 不 可 勝 數 。 |
Lo, he goeth by me, and I see him not: He passeth on also, but I perceive him not. | 他 從 我 旁 邊 經 過 、 我 卻 不 看 見 . 他 在 我 面 前 行 走 、 我 倒 不 知 覺 。 |
Behold, he seizeth [the prey], who can hinder him? Who will say unto him, What doest thou? | 他 奪 取 、 誰 能 阻 擋 、 誰 敢 問 他 、 你 作 甚 麼 。 |
God will not withdraw his anger; The helpers of Rahab do stoop under him. | 神 必 不 收 回 他 的 怒 氣 . 扶 助 拉 哈 伯 的 、 屈 身 在 他 以 下 。 |
How much less shall I answer him, And choose out my words [to reason] with him? | 既 是 這 樣 、 我 怎 敢 回 答 他 、 怎 敢 選 擇 言 語 與 他 辯 論 呢 。 |
Whom, though I were righteous, yet would I not answer; I would make supplication to my judge. | 我 雖 有 義 、 也 不 回 答 他 . 只 要 向 那 審 判 我 的 懇 求 。 |
If I had called, and he had answered me, Yet would I not believe that he hearkened unto my voice. | 我 若 呼 籲 、 他 應 允 我 、 我 仍 不 信 他 真 聽 我 的 聲 音 。 |
For he breaketh me with a tempest, And multiplieth my wounds without cause. | 他 用 暴 風 折 斷 我 、 無 故 的 加 增 我 的 損 傷 。 |
He will not suffer me to take my breath, But filleth me with bitterness. | 我 就 是 喘 一 口 氣 、 他 都 不 容 、 倒 使 我 滿 心 苦 惱 。 |
If [we speak] of strength, lo, [he is] mighty! And if of justice, Who, [saith he], will summon me? | 若 論 力 量 、 他 真 有 能 力 . 若 論 審 判 、 他 說 誰 能 將 我 傳 來 呢 。 |
Though I be righteous, mine own mouth shall condemn me: Though I be perfect, it shall prove me perverse. | 我 雖 有 義 、 自 己 的 口 要 定 我 為 有 罪 . 我 雖 完 全 、 我 口 必 顯 我 為 彎 曲 。 |
I am perfect; I regard not myself; I despise my life. | 我 本 完 全 . 不 顧 自 己 . 我 厭 惡 我 的 性 命 。 |
It is all one; therefore I say, He destroyeth the perfect and the wicked. | 善 惡 無 分 、 都 是 一 樣 . 所 以 我 說 、 完 全 人 、 和 惡 人 、 他 都 滅 絕 。 |
If the scourge slay suddenly, He will mock at the trial of the innocent. | 若 忽 然 遭 殺 害 之 禍 、 他 必 戲 笑 無 辜 的 人 遇 難 。 |
The earth is given into the hand of the wicked; He covereth the faces of the judges thereof: If [it be] not [he], who then is it? | 世 界 交 在 惡 人 手 中 . 蒙 蔽 世 界 審 判 官 的 臉 . 若 不 是 他 、 是 誰 呢 。 |
Now my days are swifter than a post: They flee away, they see no good, | 我 的 日 子 比 跑 信 的 更 快 、 急 速 過 去 、 不 見 福 樂 。 |
They are passed away as the swift ships; As the eagle that swoopeth on the prey. | 我 的 日 子 過 去 如 快 船 、 如 急 落 抓 食 的 鷹 。 |
If I say, I will forget my complaint, I will put off my [sad] countenance, and be of good cheer; | 我 若 說 、 我 要 忘 記 我 的 哀 情 、 除 去 我 的 愁 容 、 心 中 暢 快 . |
I am afraid of all my sorrows, I know that thou wilt not hold me innocent. | 我 因 愁 苦 而 懼 怕 、 知 道 你 必 不 以 我 為 無 辜 。 |
I shall be condemned; Why then do I labor in vain? | 我 必 被 你 定 為 有 罪 . 我 何 必 徒 然 勞 苦 呢 。 |
If I wash myself with snow water, And make my hands never so clean; | 我 若 用 雪 水 洗 身 、 用 鹼 潔 淨 我 的 手 . |
Yet wilt thou plunge me in the ditch, And mine own clothes shall abhor me. | 你 還 要 扔 我 在 坑 裡 、 我 的 衣 服 都 憎 惡 我 . |
For he is not a man, as I am, that I should answer him, That we should come together in judgment. | 他 本 不 像 我 是 人 、 使 我 可 以 回 答 他 、 又 使 我 們 可 以 同 聽 審 判 。 |
There is no umpire betwixt us, That might lay his hand upon us both. | 我 們 中 間 沒 有 聽 訟 的 人 、 可 以 向 我 們 兩 造 按 手 。 |
Let him take his rod away from me, And let not his terror make me afraid: | 願 他 把 杖 離 開 我 、 不 使 驚 惶 威 嚇 我 . |
Then would I speak, and not fear him; For I am not so in myself. | 我 就 說 話 、 也 不 懼 怕 他 . 現 在 我 卻 不 是 那 樣 。 |